Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Latest

Sorry I haven't written in so long. Things have been pretty hectic.

First off, my girlfriend and I got engaged a few weeks ago on a trip up North. We went camping in the White Mountains and I proposed next to a lake at sunrise. It was amazing. After that, we went to the Petrified Forest and stayed the following night in Flagstaff. I was reminded again how much I like Flagstaff. Then we went through Sedona, relaxed by Oak Creek and discovered the cool little town of Jerome. I should mention that my girlfriend and I will be getting married in December.

The next week, I took a trip out to Hollywood, CA to see my brother. We mostly hung out and talked. We saw the new Romero film (pretty hysterical) at the Arclight.

The following week was the 4th of July. My brother came back with me to celebrate with family. We chilled and grilled, watched the fireworks from the backyard, and enjoyed the company of family.

It's nice for things to be back to normal (despite mandatory overtime working 7 days/week for the next two weeks.) Lately, I've been back to reading my books (new topic: Linguistics) and watching old Twilight Zone episodes. Fan-diddly-tastic! I feel like I'm getting back to the subjects and interests that fastinate me most.

The End.